Monday, November 9, 2015

Christ and the Coffee Cup

So apparently the nation is in some uproar about the release of "Starbucks" holiday seasoned themed cups, which this year they chose to go with a standard red cup with their signature "Siren".
Bored Christians across the country are having a field day with this.  I have so many problems with this issue.  But first and foremost I want to say GET THE FRICK OVER IT! THEY'RE CUPS!
You think God is up there thinking "Oh no, not Starbucks? I can't be on their cup? Boo-hoo!" 
No, God turned his back on that company long ago probably when they chose their company logo, the oh so subtly, secular siren.
And I also think The Big Guy upstairs might have a little problem with the person who chooses to spend around $50 bucks on coffee a week and then refuse to acknowledge the homeless man, flying a sign at the exit of your beloved coffee shop.
He might also think that maybe your efforts are somewhat misplaced.  You could do more good by doing something else rather than bitching about coffee cups.  Take that fire you have and put it into something more positive.  More productive.

The important thing here is that the seasonal drinks that are only available this time of year are now available.  "I'm quite fond of the Pumpkin Spice Latte".  I also consider myself a tried and true believer in Jesus Christ and I try to be a good example of that.  But personally this cup thing just doesn't bother me and I don't speak for God but I don't think he really gives a rat's ass about what Starbucks is doing, or any big corporation for that matter.  It's actually probably better this way really, cause when you think about it- these are big, monster companies and they really have no business preaching anything. 


Thanks a latte for reading! Follow me on Twitter @specificpacnews

No comments:

Post a Comment